Jennifer Herrera, M.S.
County Extension Agent-Horticulture
Provides leadership for an effective educational program (Horticulture) that supports adults and youth development with outcome based programs based on priority issues in Cameron County. Provides leadership to Master Gardener Program in the county. Supports and provides leadership in Master Gardener Association, urban horticulture, special horticulture stakeholder groups and horticulture program area committee. Supports school based curriculum enrichment, such as Junior Master Gardener, Junior Master Naturalist, Water Conservation, Earth-KIND program, Environmental Stewardship programs, works with community-based organizations to effectively link Extension to the citizens in the county.
Coming up in October we will have the Annual Gardeners Market!
Join us for children’s activities, a plant clinic, composting demonstrations, soil testing demonstrations,
great selections on Trees, Shrubs, Butterfly Plants, Herbs, and much more!
Interested in becoming a vendor? Please view application below and submit by September 20, 2018
Upcoming Gardening Classes!
Date: Set of 6 sessions!
- September 25th
- October 9th
- October 23rd
- November 6th
- November 20th
- December 4th
Location: 701 N. Bowie St. San Benito, TX 78586
Time: 5:30 pm
- Easy Gardening Vegetable Series
- Small Acreage Horticulture Crop Webinars
- Texas Vegetable Association
- Vegetable Planting Guide
- Vegetable Planting Guide-Spanish
Earth Kind Links:
- A guide to growing Healthy Trees in the lower RGV
- Easy Gardening Fact Sheets in Espanol
- Earth-Kind Landscaping for Beauty and Water Conservation
- Earth-Kind Rose Trial
- Earth Kind Roses Webpage
- Leaf Cutter Ants
- Turf Grass Cultivation
- Native Plant Selection for South Padre Island and Laguna Madre
- Native Plant Selection for the Rio Grande Valley
- Rain Water Harvesting Presentation
- How to Diagnose and Manage Large Patch Disease
- Take All Root Rot
- Warm Season Turfgrass – Urban Landscapes
- White Grubs in Texas Turfgrass
- Citrus Clinic Presentation
- Citrus Greening Disease (English and Spanish Publications)
- Citrus Website
Learn, Grow, Eat, & Go!
Dr. Garza Elementary School garden
For more updates go to http://txmg.org/cameron/or visit our Facebook Pag